Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitter Journeyman / Foreman-SF
Sioux Falls, SD
At Midwestern Mechanical we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today! Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitter Journeyman / Foreman
The Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitter Journeyman / Foreman works from blueprints to determine types and placement of piping, valves and heads to be installed for fire sprinkler systems primarily on commercial construction projects. This person is responsible for high quality work and productivity. They will also be required to educate apprentices and establish good quality in their craftsmanship.
- Competent, responsible, and team oriented
- Strong communication and average computer skills
- Strong math skills, architectural plans, drawings and mechanical design understanding
- Strong mechanical skills and willingness to learn new things
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal to no supervision
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet performance goals
- Good time management and organizational skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in existing or new fire protection systems
- Repairs and installs various types of piping including iron, steel, copper and pvc
- Inspects equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or problems
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others
- Makes decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results
- Maintains a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties
- Responds to emergency on-call situations to resolve immediate work related issues
- Orders specialty tools and/or equipment from the Midwestern Mechanical tool room
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air and/or water
- Lawfully drives a motor vehicle and maintains a current driver's license in order to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region for corporate meetings, on-site project follow-up and conferences
- Provides daily direction to assigned Apprentices on the job site and actively participates in training and development of Apprentices
- Maintains a positive attitude to drive and build positive morale
- Attend meetings when required
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Available for overtime upon occasion.
- Ability to maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you perform work in.
- Ability to verbally communicate with management, city officials, on-site customers and other employees.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license. Ability to obtain and maintain DOT Medical Card.
- Reliable transportation to get to and from the shop.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials, perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Nicet Inspections and Testing program preferred; may complete while employed.
- OSHA ten or thirty hour training preferred.
Physical Requirements: The job's functions require the following physical demands:
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holiday and vacation program
- Job bonuses
- Continuing Education
Midwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer