HVAC Journeyman/ Foreman
HVAC Journeyman / Foreman
Reports to: Project Manager / Director
Supervises: Field Staff
The Foreman is responsible for a variety of duties including the supervision and coordination of the activities of the HVAC field crew. They are responsible for all aspects of productivity, quality, and safety on the job site.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all work in a safe manner. Responsible for team members to ensure they are working in a safe manner wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required at all times.
- Abides by all safety and conduct policies laid out by Midwestern Mechanical and the different work sites.
- Inspects equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required in a safe manner at all times.
- Makes decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Responds to emergency situations to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region for corporate meetings, on-site projects and conferences.
- Provides daily direction to assigned team(s) on the job site and actively participate in training and development of apprentices.
- Ensures all apprentices are participating and up to date with their training and development. Works with journeymen and apprentices to maximize the apprenticeship training program.
- Follows and executes directions and assigned duties from Manager.
- Maintains a positive attitude to drive and build positive morale.
- Maintains a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Works independently to achieve goals and deadlines that are assigned.
- Responsible for all on-site documentation (checklists, safety signoff, service sheets, and other documentation that is relevant for the job completion).
- Has clear working knowledge of all positions that report to them.
- Attends all meetings associated with any given project as required.
- Directs and coordinates all staff on any given projects.
- Works extra days as required for the project.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet performance goals.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented.
- Strong mechanical skills and willingness to learn. Average computer skills.
- Ability to verbally communicate with management, city officials, on-site customers and other employees.
- Ability to lawfully drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver's license in order to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials, architectural plans, drawings and mechanical designs.
- Perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
- Ability to identify basic trade materials by size, shape and function.
- Ability to follow orders and directions with minimal to no supervision.
- Ability to maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you perform work in.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Journeyman HVAC license required.
- Field experience in HVAC as a Foreman or Lead Journeyman Preferred.
- Foreman experience in HVAC in commercial applications preferred.
HVAC Journeymen work in residential, commercial, industrial and public settings in both indoor and outdoor job sites which include exposure to all elements of weather including cold, heat, wind, rain and snow. The weather may also impact the site exposing the individual to water and mud.
This position also includes exposure to areas off of the ground requiring the team member to work in a safe manner. The team member will also be exposed to loud noises where hearing protection is necessary and provided.
Physical Requirements: The job's functions require the following physical demands:
- Fine finger dexterity and hand & arm strength with the ability to grip and hold objects with both hands.
- Ability to lift and operate power tools to include in an overhead position.
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.