HVAC or Plumbing Service Technician-SF
Full-time career opportunity!
Copper Cottage is the service division of Midwestern Mechanical. We have been in business for over 35 years, and are passionate about our customers, employees, and the work we perform!
We are looking for talented, experienced HVAC or Plumbing Service Technicians! We invite you to apply today!
Midwestern Mechanical is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES: HVAC Service Technician / Installer and Plumbing Service Technician
The HVAC Service Technician / Installer assembles, installs and repairs HVAC systems. The systems may consist of pipes, fittings, and boilers for hydronic heating, furnace, air conditioners, and roof top systems.
The Plumbing Service Technician assembles, installs and repairs plumbing and med gas systems. The systems may consist of pipes, fittings, fixtures and boilers for hydronic heating, water, med gas and drainage systems.
- Explain pricing for customers.
- Collect money for services rendered.
- Diagnose problems and/or failures in a variety of HVAC systems or plumbing and gas systems.
- Repair and install various types of piping including iron, steel, copper and pvc.
- Inspect equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems.
- Operate powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required.
- Make decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution.
- Maintain a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Provide daily direction to assigned Apprentices on the job site and actively participate in training and development of Apprentices.
- Maintain a positive attitude to drive and build positive morale.
- Work on call on a rotational basis.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Strong communication and average computer skills.
- Strong basic math skills, architectural plans, drawings and mechanical design.
- Great mechanical skills and willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal to no supervision.
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet performance goals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Available for overtime upon occasion.
- Available for overnight travel as necessary within the region for projects and training.
- Ability to verbally communicate with management, city officials, on site customers and other employees.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.
- Reliable transportation to get to the Midwestern Mechanical shop.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials, perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
- Maintain an active state and city license in all areas you perform work in.
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Journeyman License preferred. Ability to obtain it within one year required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in HVAC or plumbing required.
- Boiler experience in residential and /or commercial applications preferred.
- Med gas certification preferred.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Continuing education
Midwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer