Sioux Falls, SD
Reports to: Human Resources Director
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for job posting and advertisement processes-keeping all listings current and accurate.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Collaborates with teammates to execute all HR department functions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Some travel may be required as needed.
Education, Experience, Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- SHRM's Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.